Friday, June 25, 2010

A meal to remember- NOT


We went to downtown Bodrum and walked around the marina.  We decided to forgo the free continental style dinner at the hotel and try Turkish food.  We selected an outdoor restaurant that looked spacious to us.  I asked the waiter about some food listed in the menu and in order to explain what it was he brought a vessel that looked suspiciously like an urn.   I said no to the urn and any potential remains.

 I decided to go for the recommended fish. The waiter assured me I would love the fish (sole).   He jokingly told me that if I loved it I would have to pay twice.  I told him that if I didn’t, he was going into the urn. 

After a 45 minute wait, my fish came.  4 small kebab-size fish pieces.  The worst fish I have ever tasted. The Macdonalds- filet  o’ fish is a gourmet delicacy by comparison.  I left it mostly untouched and I noticed there was no sign of our waiter and no-one asked if we enjoyed the meal.  Jeff 's meal was only slightly better.

As we strolled back to the taxi area, we noticed that our restaurant was empty while the others were quite full.  Someone knew something we didn’t know. 

We resolved next time never to complain when we have to wait to get seated.

No comments:

Post a Comment